These are the work roles we defined for the system:
- CHCI students – CHCI students are graduate students who have office and/or laboratory space in the CHCI.
- CHCI faculty – CHCI faculty is composed of professors in that have office and/or laboratory space in the CHCI.
- CHCI administrative staff – CHCI administrative staff is composed of the staff that works in the front office in the CHCI. Some of this staff is composed of general computer science program faculty.
The entities that interact with the system from the outside are:
- Graduate department – The graduate department is the department that oversees all graduate school activity at Virginia Tech.
- Computer Science department – The computer science department is the department that oversees all computer science-related academic activity at Virginia Tech.
- “Outside world” – any other external sources of information that provide information to users in the boundary of our system.
Lastly, the machine role that services the system is:
- Listserv – the conduit of sending and receiving information to several users.